Paediatric dentistry with special care for your child
Pediatric Dentistry is a special area of dental practice. For Child Dentist it is necessary not only to have practical knowledge, but also to use special psychological approach to each child, in order to ensure that the child is not just agreed to undergo treatment, but to came to dentistry with joy.
Therefore, on the one hand, in Clinic of the authors dentistry there is all complex of innovative tools and capabilities, required for effective treatment, and on the other hand, our Child Dentist is able to reach out even to the most problematic child!
Your kid’s teeth ought to be better than yours. Baby (milk, temporary) teeth that erupt up to the age of three, decay as well as permanent ones. They are a full copy of the permanent teeth: they have roots and canals through which infection passes onto the permanent tooth bud, causing initial changes of enamel before it has erupted. And when pain arises, it is not less than that in adults. Though, your children may not be always able to explain what troubles them.
In order to monitor your kid’s health from the beginning of their life, please consult a children’s dentist as soon as the first teeth have erupted!
We conduct a special sealing of chewing surfaces for long-term decay prevention. It can also be performed with deep surface sterilization and mineralization with the help of “Healozone” apparatus. Our program allows you to keep your kid’s teeth healthy.
- the child may develop comlexes as to the lack of a snow-white, open and sincere smile;
- bad breath;
- general health disorders;
- if the child has not acquired the skills to care for temporary teeth, (s)he probably will not be able to care properly for the permanent teeth;
- irregular periods of food reception and assimilation (constipation, diarrhea);
- lack of aesthetics and physiological beauty of the child;
- decayed permanent teeth;
- discomfort among peers. And what about aesthetics? Can the smell from such a mouth be good
The best to prevent childhood dental diseases is to turn for doctor’s advice during pregnancy, because the primary influence on the organs and systems of the child, teething in particular, takes place in the body of the mother.
Also you should turn to a pediatric dentist during the eruption of the first teeth. If the time has already passed, the sooner you seek advice the better. It is in your power to make sure that your baby does not have to undergo tooth decay treatment.
- tooth loss begins around the age of 6 (in each case individually) with the lower front teeth;
- replacement of lateral deciduous teeth: the fourth teeth are replaced at the age of about 8-10, the fifth teeth — at 10-12;
- the child needs something to chew food with before permanent teeth erupt;
- if the baby tooth is affected with decay, food gets stuck in the cavity, it becomes sensitive to stimuli, but the child finds it difficult to explain the discomfort, (s)he just becomes moody, eats food in smaller quantities, eventually, the body weight decreases;
- baby tooth infection is transferred from the root canals to a permanent tooth;
- each baby tooth saves space in the tooth row for a permanent one, so early removal of a temporary tooth results in primary teeth shift and the lack of space for the permanent tooth. There are both temporary and permanent teeth in a child’s jaw at the same time.
If you remove a baby tooth earlier than it should come out, the displacement of the adjacent teeth will not leave space for the new tooth to erupt.
In temporary teeth caries spreads faster than in the permanent ones due to their porous structure.
Apparatus STA (Single Tooth Anesthesia System) – is a modern alternative to local anesthesia, which has a number of advantages over the standard syringe. Most people believe that the pain during anesthesia (injection) is caused directly by the piercing of a needle, but in fact, it all depends on the speed of delivery of the anesthetic. For children this is an ideal alternative to syringe anesthesia.
STA is a system for local anesthesia, controlled by a computer. The microprocessor in the device provides constant control over the dosage and the pressure of the anesthetic (Dynamic Pressure Sensing Technology), which makes its introduction absolutely painless.
STA has a number of advantages for young patients:
- absence of pain;
- maximum accuracy in dosage;
- no sight of a standard syringe and needle;
- the area of anesthesia includes only the tooth under treatment and the gum around it, cheeks and lips do not get numb;
- absence of complications one can experience with the classical anesthesia (“bitten cheeks;, hematoma, incorrect dosing and rapid painful introduction, controlled by doctor’s finger in contrast to the computer);
- numbness passes quickly;
- absence of anxiety and fear;
- full comfort for the patient.
In pediatric dentistry, psychological aspect is the most important one. Sometimes for psychological adaptation a child needs several visits to start treatment. To make a visit to the clinic tearless and to avoid long hours of persuasion and tantrums, both parents (in the first place) and the children’s dentist should do some preparatory work.
As a result of long preparation, any young patient will start trusting the doctor and agree to sit down in the dental chair, opening their mouth! The main thing, dear parents, is to overcome the fear in yourselves, caused by long-term experience. Pediatric dentistry is now very different from what it used to be when you were treated. Allow your children to form their own impression.
Again, let’s break down stereotypes! Anesthesia is applied only after preliminary examination. Narcosis is a drug. Previously one type of the drug was used, whereas nowadays there are modern, non-toxic drugs that are rapidly excreted from the body. Medicine is advancing continuously. Remember, five years ago there was only one remedy agaist the flu, and how many of them do we have now?
Anesthesia is safer for children than forcing them into teeth treatment. If you hold your baby, do not expect high-quality work that will last a long time. In addition, there is a risk to injure the child with a sharp instrument while treating. We need to overcome the fear in ourselves, caused by negative experience, lack of adequate information, unqualified advice, and to trust professionals who are used to doing their job efficiently.
It was mentioned above that the primary teeth have roots and canals. Consequently, they have sensory endings. Therefore, a child should not be treated without anesthesia. After anesthesia is done, the damaged tissues are removed with a dental drill and the tooth is filled. If the child is relaxed and focused on watching a cartoon, the procedure takes an average of 15 minutes. After injecting anesthesia with STA apparatus, the child does not feel pain during the procedures that follow.
- Seal them, i.e. cover with fluorine-containing substance that has a different colour compared with the tooth (for parental control), without preliminary drilling;
- Fluoridize them, i.e. saturate the weak area of enamel with fluorine and calcium ions (apply a liquid);
- Ozonize them, i.e. destroy all microorganisms on the tooth (the depth of the penetration of ozone gas in the enamel is 3 mm), and apply a mineralizing solution.